Who Pays Your Medical Bills After an Injury in Massachusetts?

If someone else caused your injuries, you shouldn’t be responsible for footing the bill. That’s why Massachusetts victims need to know where to turn to get compensation for medical bills.

After sustaining an injury in Massachusetts, you might be able to recover some payment for medical bills by filing an insurance claim. That said, dealing with insurance companies can be complicated and less fruitful than anticipated, leaving Massachusetts victims without sufficient payment for medical expenses. Because of that, it can better benefit Massachusetts victims to sue the party responsible for their injuries instead of filing an insurance claim. Massachusetts personal injury lawsuits can result in payment for current and future medical expenses caused by a negligent party, as well as compensation for other economic and non-economic damages.

Our dedicated attorneys are here to help victims throughout Massachusetts recover the compensatory damages they deserve. For a free case evaluation with the injury attorney in Massachusetts at the Law Office of John J. Sheehan, call today at (617) 925-6407.

Will Insurance Pay My Medical Bills After an Injury in Massachusetts?

Depending on the cause of your injuries, filing an insurance claim might help you recover payment for your medical bills. That said, negotiating with insurance companies for compensatory damages can be challenging. If you’re interested in filing an insurance claim, consult an experienced attorney for guidance.

If you were injured in a Massachusetts car accident, your personal injury protection insurance can help you cover your medical expenses. Massachusetts is a no-fault state for car accidents, meaning victims must first turn to their own insurance before seeking damages from a negligent driver.

Depending on the circumstances of your injuries, a negligent party’s liability insurance may partially cover the cost of your medical treatment. That said, liability insurance is not always an option for Massachusetts victims in all scenarios.

In some cases, a victim’s health insurance can help cover the cost of their medical expenses after sustaining an injury. If a negligent party’s identity is unknown to you, or their liability insurance will not properly compensate you, turning to your own health insurance may seem like the answer. Depending on the situation, your Boston personal injury lawyer may advise you to explore other paths to compensation, especially if your health insurance policy is insufficient to cover your medical expenses after an accident.

Depending on policy limits, a victim may be unable to recover sufficient payment for medical bills by filing an insurance claim. It’s important to note that once you accept compensation from an insurance company, you may be barred from seeking payment in other ways in Massachusetts.

Will the Party that Caused My Injury Pay My Medical Bills in Massachusetts?

If a negligent party’s actions caused your injuries, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against them in Massachusetts. Filing a lawsuit can help you hold an at-fault party accountable and allow you to recover payment for your medical bills.

Generally speaking, Massachusetts victims can sue the person whose negligence caused their injuries. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, a defendant may be a doctor, a school, a driver, or a store owner. Ask your Chelsea personal injury lawyer whether or not the person who caused your injuries acted negligently. If so, it’s possible that you can sue them for compensation.

When Massachusetts victims have an experienced attorney in their corner, they have a better chance of recovering economic damages against a negligent party. These damages seek to compensate victims for all current and future expenses a victim incurs due to a negligent party’s actions. This includes compensation for medical bills, including potential future treatment for injuries caused by a defendant. In addition to recovering compensation for medical bills, Massachusetts victims can also get payment for lost wages and other losses stemming from a negligent party’s actions.

Generally speaking, Massachusetts victims have three years from the date of injury to file a personal injury claim. After this point, you may be barred from recovering payment for medical bills via a lawsuit against a negligent party.

What is the Best Way to Get Payment for My Medical Bills in Massachusetts?

After sustaining injuries and facing expensive medical bills, you may be eager for immediate payment of any kind. While that’s understandable, it’s important to take a deep breath and seek guidance from an attorney. More often than not, it’s more beneficial for victims when they choose to file a lawsuit rather than an insurance claim in Massachusetts.

While filing an insurance claim can help you get paid for medical bills, doing so can be extremely difficult. Massachusetts victims in need of immediate financial support may be more likely to accept a lowball settlement from an insurance carrier, leaving them without sufficient payment to cover current and future medical expenses.

Generally speaking, an experienced Beverly personal injury lawyer will advise victims in need of payment to sue a negligent party. With sufficient evidence to prove a negligent party’s fault, your attorney can help you recover payment for medical bills in addition to substantial non-economic damages. Insurance companies rarely compensate victims for pain and suffering, even if such damages are called for.

Before you can make the best decision for you and your family, it’s important that you consult with an attorney. A skilled lawyer can assess your claim and help you recover the damages you deserve so that you can heal physically and emotionally.

Our Massachusetts Attorneys Can Help You Get Payment for Your Medical Bills

If a negligent party caused your injuries and you require compensation, our attorneys can help. For a free case evaluation with the Cambridge personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of John J. Sheehan, call today at (617) 925-6407.