Paralegal / Legal Assistant Jobs in Wakefield, MA
Paralegal Job Details at the Law Office of John J. Sheehan
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance Vacation and Holiday, 401(k) with Employer match
Location: Onsite at our Wakefield, MA office M-% 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
About the Law Office of John J. Sheehan
The Law Office of John J. Sheehan represents Workers’ Comp and personal injury clients throughout Greater Boston and Massachusetts.
We are seeking a Paralegal with experience in workers’ comp and/or MVA personal injury claims to join our team at our Wakefield, MA office. We are conveniently located near all major highways, and there is lots of free parking.
The Ideal Candidate
The Law Office of John J. Sheehan is looking for experienced candidates who are highly motivated, energetic, and possess the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. This is a full-time position, and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
This position is onsite in Wakefield, not hybrid or remote.
- Uphold our goal to provide clients with exceptional customer service, and we prioritize communicating with them in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Workers Comp medical coordinator working closely with medical providers to obtain workers comp Utilization Review (“UR”) approvals, medical records, disability notes and physician narrative reports
- Auto Claims medical coordinator managing PIP/Med Pay payments, health insurance payments/liens and Medicare/MA Health payments/liens.
- Manage cases from pre-litigation through to litigation in an organized and comprehensive manner
- As part of this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for processing medical insurance payments for both workers’ compensation and PIP claims. They will also be required to troubleshoot any issues that may arise in the processing of health insurance liens, as well as MassHealth and Medicare liens, as needed.
- Meet deadlines
- Multi-task, and keep in touch with clients often to update on case progress
- Keep attorneys updated on case progress and troubleshoot insurance claim issues with attorneys
- Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Previous plaintiff workers comp and/or personal injury claims/litigation experience in Massachusetts (3-5 years)
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent and friendly customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve and flexibility adjusting task priorities
- Computer and technology proficiency required including case management systems, Dropbox, MS Office 365, Adobe Acrobat and working in a paperless office environment scanning documents and working with electronic documents in PDF format
- Ability to work alone and also work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work on-site 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (M-F)
Job Application Procedures
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply for the position by email and submit a resume that includes your email address and telephone number. Do NOT call our office. No applicant will be considered for this position unless the applicant meets the qualification requirements set forth above.
Email resume to: email@example.com