John J. Sheehan is a Boston truck accident attorney who has been handling truck accident cases since 1993. Here are some common questions he answers for clients:
- What makes truck accidents so different than other types of vehicle accidents?
- What are some common causes of truck accidents?
- What types of federal regulations govern truck drivers?
- What are hours of service regulations?
- How long do you have to file a truck accident lawsuit?
One call or click is all it takes for John J. Sheehan, a Boston truck accident lawyer to fight for you!
Call me, attorney John J. Sheehan at 877-762-9510 or contact me online now so I can start working for you today! I’ll come to your home or hospital if you can’t get to my office. Hablamos español, Nos Falamos Portugues.
What makes truck accidents so different than other types of vehicle accidents?
Truck accidents can be much different than other motor vehicle accidents. Here are just a few reasons why:
- The massive size and maneuverability of trucks require that drivers meet higher licensing standards.
- The insurance coverage for trucks is higher than for other vehicles.
- Interstate drivers are subject to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Truck drivers are subject to frequent drug testing.
- Limitations exist on the number of hours driven in a day.
What are some common causes of truck accidents?
Here are just some of the many causes for truck accidents in the Boston area:
What types of federal regulations govern truck drivers?
In fulfilling its purpose of preventing commercial motor vehicle fatalities and injuries, the FMCSA strongly enforces safety regulations for trucking that govern:
FMCSA violations often provide proof of cause for a Boston personal injury lawyer to pursue a lawsuit on behalf of an injured plaintiff.
What are hours of service regulations?
The consecutive hours a truck driver may drive are referred to as hours of service regulations. Hours of service vary depending on emergency situations, poor weather conditions, and other factors. However, for every number of hours on the road, the truck number must be off duty for a number of consecutive hours.
How long do you have to file a truck accident lawsuit?
The Massachusetts deadline—or statute of limitations—for filing a truck accident lawsuit is three years from the date of the accident.
Other articles related to Boston truck accident attorney: